Finding out that you are pregnant when you hadn’t planned to be can be a very stressful time.
Feelings about pregnancy can be mixed and confusing, even when the pregnancy is planned. Feelings can vary depending on a number of factors:
- being young and scared to tell your parents
- not having a job or enough money
- feeling pressure from a partner, friend or family
- being single and feeling unsupported
- being older and already having children
- medical or health problems
- a possible (foetal) health concern
- previous pregnancy loss, including abortion
It can be difficult to work out a plan for the future with all of these thoughts and emotions. The hormonal changes occurring within a woman’s body can make it even more difficult to make a decision.
Friends and family can be helpful to talk to, but sometimes it helps to talk to someone who is “outside” the situation, someone who is willing to listen.
If you are in this situation, we invite you to call us, its free and confidential.
Call our Help Line now or contact us to make an appointment.